Monday, April 1, 2013

1st Breakdown

And so it happened on Sofea's Birthday, my lil cute niece who is growing up so fast. Dah darjah 2 rupanye. Cik Jat silap..

So i slept the other night normally, after i finished writing my Methodology. The next morning, i woke around 7. Promtly performed my Subuh (a bit late thou) and felt a thunderous headache. i thought it was just a mild one and took 2 tablets of Panadol and slept again. i was awake by a massive and way extreme headache at 8. Literally, i wanted to cry, yeahhh cry baby! But hell it was painfull. So try to calm myself, and thought that it will go away. And no it didnt. So i went through my drawer to look for my NHS (medical) card and bummer, i couldnt find it. i had to check all 6 drawers i have to find that tiny piece of paper. Found it after i put myself together. Realized the reason i couldnt find it at first because i was indeed totally dizzy. I cant open my eyes. Had to put the lights off. Which i never done even when i go to sleep. Called my clinic and guess what? They were closed due to Easter. Dang!!! So i continued listening to the phone and they gave a number for NHS direct which an operator qualified with medical experience to  help you through the line.

A first attempt, a voice of a macho guy, funny coz most of the time it will be a lady to do this sort of thing. Har3..dang, I was in pain and still being judgemental. So yeah, continued, he asked indetail of my postcode, first name, sure name, full address and what was bothering me. I told about my headache and he passed the line to a medical nurse. She was nice and i can understand her accent easily. She said that i was just having a stressful moment that i need to rest a lot and theres no need to go to the emergency although i really thought i have to. It was killing me at the moment. Pounds and pounds of thunderous headache. And the line was cut off coz my battery died.

I waited for them calls but perhaps my battery was to low to take any calls. So i rang them again and i had to start all over again with the clarification of my details. The same macho guy picked up and made his own verdict that i might have to go for a 999 realizing how sever my condition was. I do want to get that kind of help but i thought that maybe i am not that sever even though i can tell my head was about to explode. So the guy passed the line to another nurse and this time i recalled her name; Clara. She was helpful but when theres an instuction that she needed me to do but i just cant get he deep accent. And she decided to get an interpreter; a Malay interpreter. How funny that they actually got one and the interpreter used a very formal language. Like "encik rase ade tekanan ya?" when i told her my answers in Malay, she had to translate them to the nurse. Har3..kelakar. And i understand everything basically. Until we reach to the point that the nurse actually wanted me to lower my chin to reach my neck. Laa, itu ke yg aq tak paham td. The lady translator was very helpful. I never knew they have such service. Wel the major reason was to the the info right and so they can diagnose my problem properly. How lovely. And there it goes again, the line was cutt coz i ran out of credit. So i waited and Clara called me back. Theyre very responsible, i can tell. So she just told me that i need to relax for the next 48hours, drink a lot of water, no chocolate, caffein, alcohol (duhhh), and put a cold cloths on my forehead and my neck. If i were to not getting better, she required me to get in touch with them again. So i thanked her and head back to rest.

Alhamdulillah, after resting for like the whole day, starting from last night 12.30am till 3.30pm, now i fel a little bit light but the dizziness is still there, as im writing this post. i really dont understand whatve gotten into me. i mean, i slept at normal hours last night and i didnt really put a lot of effort working since it was Sunday. But i realized this, i was so stressed out last Thursday that i went to the city and got all the chocolate my shopping bag can fit with and i think i had a little extra with the salt for dinner, the night before and obviously, its been a stressful week. God, it was painful. I plan to see my GP tomorrow and see what really happen to my body. Maybe a slight higher with my the blood pressure. Dugaan, abes satu hari tak belajar..and perhaps esok pon half day. Tapi kalau Allah dah nak bagi sakit, tak boleh ckp ape. Ade hikmahnye. im frustrated, really because i planned to read a lot today. But now staring at the screen pon rase silau, sakit mata. Maybe i just really3 rest well and work harder the rest of the days. It was very tense for the today. Especially when i realized that i had no one to go for when im sick. Kalau kat umah mesti dah cari Ibu. Or Ayah. They will at least give a rub on my head to soothe it down. I miss my family. Contacted everybody and all texts came back saying theres nothing more that i needed of than my rest. Jadi, rehatlah saya ;|    

My homemade sushi due to Jap cravings that i had lately. The dark ones were the spicy chillied clamps. Made this on Saturday but dont think it was one of the reason why i have my headache. 

This however, the sweet little things that drive me crazy :D

I have to care for myself more i guess after this wake-up call. Miss home :[

No comments:

Post a Comment